An Electronic Bridge Book that explains how to identify and execute a wide variety of simple and advanced squeeze plays. While the subject matter is more common to bridge experts, it is hoped that intermediate and advanced players can benefit from this presentation.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Preface

I have studied squeeze for more years than I would care to admit. The reason for this study was two fold. I had an incredible busy schedule and never could find time to finish work and get home in time to turn around and go back out to play bridge in the real world. So I sharpened my "skills" by study. Bridge World, books, hands I dealt myself.

It is difficult, some would say impossible, to prepare for serious bridge competition by self-study. On this I agree. But I found the analytical pursuits of investigating squeezes was something that I both enjoyed, and could do while alone. This study lead to the collecton of hands from when I did get to play and a personal classification of squeezes that made them easier for me to identify at the table (yes I still miss some at the table, but I get a very large number of them correct).

So I starting writing an explaination of my classification/identification scheme and it turned into a very large "book" with hundreds of bridge hands. This Blog will attempt to bring most if not all of that material to others who might benefit from the approach I use.

As working on converting from hand written and computer files in "poor" english to something on the web for the world to see is time consuming and painstaking process. This Blog with its seven chapters on squeezes and anticipated added chapter material in the from of problem hands, will be completed only if sufficient interest is available from the web community. As I have no real way to know if people are even reading this without feedback, feel free to add comments to let me know what you think. Constructive comments are always appreciated, and example hands for others (or links to them) would be nice too.

Ben, aka Inquiry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This truly is one of the better squeeze books Ive read. I found the "problem with BLUE" approach very informative.

Blog Archive

About Me

I am a BBO yellow, whose bbo nickname is "inquiry." I am also a moderator of the BBO bridge forum.